Chris Brown is a mine of historical information. He really loves the town and its past and this passion is the thing that really marks out Chris’ walking tours of Windsor as a unique experience.
What’s more, Chris is a funny guy. His tours aren’t stuffy, but a riot of jokes, gossip and intrigue.
He has been in charge of the local archaeology society and gives talks on history and archaeology to local groups. He has lectured at the local college on the topic of the Saxons in Windsor.
Chris’ involvement with the Windsor Archaeological Society gives him a depth and breadth of knowledge about our past that are ideal qualities for a tour guide.
Chris was awarded ‘Unique Tour Operator of the Year’ in the Luxury Travel Guide European Awards 2017.
More about Chris
- A Windsor resident since 1996.
- Chris speaks English and German
- Since 2012 Chris has been the official Town Crier for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Chris started his career as a tour guide in Wembley Stadium and Lord’s Cricket Ground in the 1980s..
- Chris holds full Public Liability Insurance